I updated my blogger header pic....I like it

>> Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I have no idea why, but I have always loved photography that singled out one color.  I have no idea what the official fancy pants name for it is, but, there is just something great about it.  For example, in the movie Schindler's List.  The scene where Oskar sees the little girl in the streets and her coat is red.  THEN, later in the movie when they are burning bodies and you see the girl's red coated lifeless body in the pile....It REALLY drives the point home.

Another example are the generic cards that are all black and white except for a single color...very nice...its as though they took some small piece of my soul and let it take the picture as it sees it.  I connect SO much with them and if given the opportunity, I would have them on every wall of my house.

On a side note, I have decided that Wednesdays should be deleted from the calender!  I have a worse time waking up on wednesday than any other day of the week.  This morning, somehow without fully knowing it I managed to not only get out of bed, but also get dressed, get in my car, drive to work (and stop at McDonald's), walk into the building before ever ACTUALLY waking up!  Ugh! 

On a second side note, when to a friend's house yesterday evening and got a chance to play with Linux.  Honestly, its funny.  I consider myself pretty decently familar with computers and such and have done some reletively complicated repairs to computers before and yet every third time I sit down to a linux computer, it never fails that I feel dumb for the first thirty minutes or so that I am working on it...  Luke was trying to install this awesome program on his laptop and all of the explainations seemed really simple....HOWEVER, it took forever.  The one thing it didn't mention in any discriction was where to find the exicutable files....there are a few different places one would look depending on the developer that set up the exicutable file.  You see, if they learned on a debian system, then it will be in /usr/bin If they are from Red Hat it will be in /usr/lib and if they are from fadora then it might be just about anywhere inside /usr!  And if you have no idea, then check the first two, then begin the journey through a very large folder... :)  It was fun...it was cool to hang out with Luke and meeting is toddler daughter Bella whom is clearly the apple of his eye and for good reason...real nice little lady.  :) 

Well, I guess that it all for now... I guess I will get off of here...

Peace out,
~Micheal

Powered by ScribeFire.

0 comments:


About

My photo
OKC, OK, United States

My Google Calender

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP